Thursday, January 31, 2008

Morgan Library

The building on the right in today's picture is part of a complex of buildings that make up the Pierpont Morgan Library, which I visited last weekend in the hopes of getting some photos. Unfortunately I didn't get many, so I thought at least I'd show you part of the outside. The Library has an interesting collection of artistic, literary, and musical works and they have a great exhibit there now of Irving Penn portraits. The brownstone on the right is mid-19th century and was lived in by Jack Morgan (according to their website.). The building on the left is the Polish Consultate.


9 comments:

Dave said...

For some reason I always think older buildings suit a library better than modern ones. Maybe its beacause Cardiff's libraries have always been housed in them.

Olivier said...

cette librairie est superbe. c'est l'une des plus anciennes de NYC et sûrement la plus belle
This library is superb. It is one of the oldest in NYC and surely the most beautiful

Nazzareno said...

The bookcase part that is looked at is beautiful, but also the construction of the photo is evocative.

lv2scpbk said...

I like going to the library to get audio books to listen to while I'm driving.

Gudl said...

That is a wonderful photograph. I love those old buildings. Very impressive!

Anonymous said...

lovely architecture...nicely captured shot!

Blue Wave 707 said...

You captured the details of the buildings quite well. Nice shot!

marley said...

I think the carving on top of the columns is great. :)

John Roberts said...

I love the tight crop on this one!