Thursday, June 5, 2008

Brooklyn Academy of Music


This is a photo of the Brooklyn Academy of Music, a multicultural performing arts center in the Ft. Greene section of Brooklyn. It is a wonderful place known for their cutting edge programming and annual festivals like the Next Wave Festival which features contemporary music and dance. I haven't seen a performance there in many years but seeing the outside recently made me want to go back again soon. The building was finished in 1908 and BAM has another theater nearby as well. It's a great place to see a performance.

8 comments:

Dave said...

That veranda top certainly signifies a new wave to me. enjoy you weekend and thank for commenting. I have a very nice today bike ride to look forward to so will show you some pics next week.

Nazzareno said...

A beautiful veranda, that allows to admire herself and the building.

Gudl said...

That is really a very beautiful building! There is so much to do and see in NY! You are doing a great job showing us everything!
I am glad you are 'back' !! :-)

Janet Kincaid said...

Lovely building and the modern veranda with the classical architecture works well. Very nice!

Greg C said...

What a lovely old building. I think I am starting to appreciate things like this. Does this mean I am getting old?

Blue Wave 707 said...

Cool looking glass veranda ... waves of glass ...

• Eliane • said...

BAM! I have yet to attend a concert there. But I've been a few times to see films. Too bad it's a little bit of a "zone"there or I would visit more often.

Ming the Merciless said...

Oh wow! Initially, I thought it was the Brooklyn Museum of Art. I guess they must use the same architect.