Monday, May 12, 2008

Wave Hill Gardens


Yesterday I visited one of my favorite spots in New York, Wave Hill, in the Bronx. Wave Hill is a garden and cultural center with beautiful views overlooking the Hudson River and the Palisades in New Jersey. They have gardens, woodlands and greenhouses and also have concerts, art exhibits and family activities. It is a wonderful place to spend a nice spring afternoon. It was a little cloudy that day, so it was the first time I tried adjusting the white balance on my camera. I'll have to do some more experimenting with that but I think it came out okay. I hope you all have a good week ahead!

10 comments:

Olivier said...

ta photo est superbe, au mois de mai Wave Hill doit être magnifique. C'est l'un de mes parcs préférés. Un dimanche a Wave Hill, j'aimerais bien.
Your photo is superb. In May Wave Hill must be magnificent. One of my favorite parks. One Sunday a Wave Hill, I'd like to.

lv2scpbk said...

Nice view.

Gudl said...

That is a nice photo. I think I can remember, that you posted about this Garden before, right?

marley said...

It looks like you did a good job! Great place, so much to see and do.

Greg C said...

Cool garden. I love it. I like the last picture as well. Great work.

Blue Wave 707 said...

Good to know there's a place like that near NYC to escape the city.

Wanda said...

This looks like a delightful place to visit. Thanks for a great picture of it.

• Eliane • said...

Would you believe that it is still on my to-do-list? It looks lovely - you make me want to go one of these w.e.!! I'll just have to figure out how.

Neva said...

I forget that there are just so many pretty places in New York. This is lovely.

Chica, Cienna, and Cali said...

nice place, Lori.