Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Hudson Highlands

Today I am showing a photo not from NYC, but from the surrounding area. This is a shot taken on a recent weekend hike near Cold Spring, New York, about an hour north of the city. There are beautiful hiking trails there (and some are a little challenging!) but you are rewarded with some amazing views of the Hudson River and the surrounding mountains. This is a photo from a spot called breakneck ridge. I want to go back and take another shot when the leaves are changing colors in the fall.

12 comments:

• Eliane • said...

I love that area! It should be gorgeous in the fall. Did you visit the Boscobel Mansion?

Dave said...

It looks an interesting area, one I'd like. The Hudson must be deep to take barges of that size.
N Y state has some stunning scenery and must be good to escape to after NYC. But like many to towns and cities I suspect that its only a few people from NY who actually go there.

Olivier said...

c'est un panorama magnifique, cela devait être une superbe ballade.
une autre façon de voir NYC ;o)
is a magnificent view, it should be a beautiful ballad.
Another way to see NYC ;o)

Dan Allen said...

Beautiful!

lv2scpbk said...

Beautiful view.

Nazzareno said...

Ciao, well returned, your presence missed me.

Greg C said...

What a beautiful photo. I am so glad you are back. Your comments are always welcome on my blog.

I really love the western part Of New York. Do you ever get out that way?

marley said...

That is some view! Your efforts hiking were worth it :)

Wanda said...

Breakneck Ridge ~~~~ what a name that says "Be Careful" I'll bet your hike was great. And what a view.
Love this shot.

Blue Wave 707 said...

Quite a peaceful-looking location & photo.

Anonymous said...

So serene and beautiful! Must be gorgeous in autumn.

Lori said...

Thanks for your visits! Eliane, no we didn't see the Boscobel Mansion but I've heard it's really nice - I'll have to go there on another visit.

Greg, no I've never been to the western part of New York. I must get there one of these days!