Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Ferry Terminal

I thought I'd show you a front view of the building I was inside yesterday. This is the Staten Island Ferry terminal. The Staten Island Ferry is free and many people ride it each day back and forth between Manhattan and Staten Island. Staten Island is the least populous borough in Manhattan but the third largest in land mass. The ferry is very popular with tourists and gives a view of the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island. (I just had the feeling that I showed this photo before, but I can't remember for sure. So if I did, sorry!)

11 comments:

Olivier said...

belle perspective. il faut prendre ce ferry, on découvre une autre vision de NYC et en plus gratuitement ;o)

beautiful perspective. we must take this ferry, we discover another vision of NYC and it's free ;o)

Blue Wave 707 said...

Nice sunset lighting!

lv2scpbk said...

I always wanted to go the Ellis Island and the statue but have never made it yet. I like how you captured the bird flying.

Greg C said...

I took the ferry last time I was up there but it was the Long Island Ferry. I have a great story to tell about that day and I will post it one day on my blog. Great picture. I love the plane in the photo.

Wanda said...

And it looks like you caught an airplane in the air...This is a nice shot ~~ I haven't been on a ferry in so many years.

Gudl said...

I don't think you showed it before.
Very nice. I like the big letters.

Wayfaring Wanderer said...

I love how the bird accentuated the photo by making a cameo, I love how you captured this curve!

Ming the Merciless said...

I love the new building. The blue tinted glass gives the building such a distinct character. Ditto the sign above the building.

Anonymous said...

have heard abt this ferry terminal from one of my co-passenger on my way by ferries to france early this year, he was praising the terminal.
rainerpeets
my blog

ferries said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
cheap ferries said...

I love this new building. The blue tinted glass gives the building such a distinct character.can you suggest some of the ferries which take to this place by cheap ferries.