Friday, December 5, 2008

Washington Square Park - Winter View

I was on my way to meet a friend for brunch in the Village recently and I snapped this photo as I walked by Washington Square Park. The park is undergoing a major renovation right now, so I had to crop out the ugly fence and the piles of dirt from the bottom of the picture. I'm sure it will be beautiful again next summer though and people will be able to enjoy the fountains and the cultural events that happen there. In the meantime, the arch still looks nice. Have a nice weekend!

5 comments:

Blue Wave 707 said...

Looks like some pretty stark scenery with the barren trees. At least you had blue skies ...

Olivier said...

bientôt ;o) un bel endroit new yorkais, peut être moins vivant en hiver.
soon ;o) a nice place new yorkais, can less be alive in winter.

Anonymous said...

It was a priviledge and joy to go to grad school and walk alongside or through the park several days a week, and in any season, too!

Not sure I agree with the cropping. The beautiful arch rising out of the construction debris might provide a nice contrast and promise of what is to come. What do you think, Lori?

Have a happy and warm weekend, too!

Babzy.B said...

happy week end !i was sure your friend would enjoy Iceland ;)

marley said...

I read about this renovation. It should be worth it. Do they still put a christmas tree under the arch, or have I dreamt that?!